It’s finally here and we wanted to give a huge shoutout to all of our sponsors, followers and supporters of HSN over the last seven months for helping to make this happen!
The HSN Scholarship Fund was established in 2023. The mission of the HSN scholarship is to provide financial assistance to individuals enrolled in undergraduate studies from a fully accredited college/university/trade school. The foundation of HSN is based on providing a positive social media outlet that highlights the successes of the student athletes in Hopewell Township. As an award for maintaining solid academic achievement while also participating in sports in High School we want to encourage students to pursue a post-secondary education, while continuing to play sports in college.
The HSN Scholarship Fund awards scholarships based on a comprehensive process. Areas that are reviewed by the committee include but are not limited to the following: Academic Accomplishments, Community Service, Financial Need and involvement in Student Athletics. The HSN Scholarship fund pays scholarship funds directly to the recipient’s school. The HSN Scholarship is awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. Scholarships awarded are based upon the availability of funds and additional qualifying criteria.
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Monday, March 4th, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. EST (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., evidence of GPA, unofficial transcript etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If any question does not apply to you in this application please put “N/A” in the space.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you.
- You will be notified by e-mail and phone in May regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please email Carl Santamaria, Owner of Hopewell Sports Nation (HSN) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be enrolled in a 2- or 4-year college, university, or trade school.
- Applicants must currently hold a minimum weighted GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full time student at a college, university, or trade school program for the upcoming academic semester.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants must have played a sport during High School in Hopewell Township each of their four years in High School.
- Applicants must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Students must apply for the 2023-2024 Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA).
- Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by Monday, March 4th, 2024.
- Scholarship recipients will have a check mailed to the college, university, or trade school they are enrolled in once showing completion of All High School required criteria meeting Pennsylvania State Guidelines for Graduation. If a student has not completed all the requirements to graduate, they will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Student must be in good standing with regards to their education, meaning they must be a Full-Time student, actively attending the High School (no suspensions, delayed graduations, missing HS qualifications to graduate due to other circumstances), the student must represent what it is to be an upstanding member of the Hopewell Township Community.
- Applications are due March 4th, 2024.
- Applicants are notified by phone and email if awarded a scholarship by the end of the School Year 2024.
TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP, YOU MUST DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT THIS FORM COMPLETELY.
Once completed, please email Carl Santamaria, Owner of Hopewell Sports Nation (HSN) at email@example.com.